Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Finale

So...its all done. Mucho thanks to my dad for all his help. I have about 70 hours into it and I'm sure he's got somewhere between 12-16 hours into it as well. Thanks to Danny Bally for giving me proper warnings before I began and thanks to Jon for helping vectorize the skull sketches.

The whole process was awesome. I would totally do this all over again. In fact, I have a TON of ideas for other bikes. I'm really happy with how it turned out. For my first effort I think it came out pretty well. It looks kick ass from about 10 feet away. The finish could be smoother, some of the graphic edges could be smoother as well but you have to be right up on it to see that. And I'm pretty darn picky about every little detail. I learned so much in the last few weeks about the bike, about painting, about the electrical system. It has just been an awesome project. I think the coolest father/son project I've ever done. Sure beats building bird houses for shop class in grade school.

I still may take it apart next winter and wet sand down the clear and add a few more coats to it, but for now, I'm just gonna enjoy riding it again and showing it off at bike night.

in a few days I'm going to take a few really nice shots of it outside with a nice backdrop. I just gotta give this crazy weather a day or two to calm down.










No comments:

Post a Comment