Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Step 13 - Primer

This is going to be a fast post because its actually for last night. I was just too tired last night to post. So last night was the primer coat. Cleaned the surfaces down, alcohol pad prepped them and then started spraying. My Dad and I had two guns hooked up and it turned out that only one gun was working right which was my gun so I did most of it. then I did the whole second coat because his gun was just acting really strange. We eventually found out it was the new water filter thing he had gotten that didn't let the right amount of air thru. The primer coats went on pretty smooth. I think I sprayed it on too thick though, because I had a pretty good orange peel texture going. It also dried a lot more glossy looking than I had expected for primer. I always thought primer was really flat but I guess that's not how this stuff works.

So we got the primer all done and let that dry for the night. I could see that dust and random fuzz was goign to be an issue. also the fact that we are in the middle of the desert and I have no ability to build a TRUE clean room, I have to deal with soem issues with dust. But at this stage its not a big deal because I can sand down the primer before I put a base coat on it.

Here's what it looked liked after the primer:



It's a lot shinier than expected, right? I know, weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment