Monday, March 9, 2009

Step 18- Progress

Well, today the paint didn't come in, I found out that they had accidentally ordered the wrong color and that's why it was coming all the way from CT and thus still hadn't arrived. they had reordered the correct color from Denver and it should be here by tomorrow morning. It should arrive at or before 11am. Which is the last possible minute that it can arrive that I can still get to the paint booth in time to finish the black, get the white on the tank and then clear coat it all. Then I'll be home with it a few hours later and basically just have to put it back together.

Last night, I was researching the electrical shit on the turn signals and found out that HONDA's typically have running lights on the front turn signals anyway, and that was why my set up wasn't working. The magic blinkers are designed to reverse the action of normal non running light turn signals. (to go from normal off to blinking ON at turn to normal ON and blinking OFF at turn) well if they are already running lights then you can't reverse that. So the trick was to route a power supply from another "hot when keyed on" source, like a headlight or something.

that proved to do the trick perfectly. So I got all the lights hooked up and working properly. The halo's work, the two sets of turn signals/running lights work up front, and the LED's in back work as well.

Now, I just have to finish painting, put it together, get some gas in it, take it for a quick test drive, and then hook up the power commander and get the right map installed and it should be good to go. oh wait, I forgot, I still need to rig the tail section with the lock, that's gonna take a bit to get set right but, like I said a few posts back, I got the easy fix figured out already.

Here's a preview of the lights...with no body, of course. And now that I see them on like this I really want to look into if its legal to have no actual white headlight on at all times and be able to switch on and off the low beams so I can drive around with only the halo's on and only switch on the beams when I need to see where I'm going.

Here is the shot with the lights all working with the key on and the Halo's switched on. You can see the halo's the one headlight and the intake lights (curved red LED's) the amber side signals are hanging down almost on the floor. (I really wish I didn't need to legally have the side signals be amber, I'd like to go red on all the lights.)


And here is what it will look like parked with the ignition off and the Halo's switched on.


It's kinda hard to see in here actually because the way the light reflects so much you don't really get near as good of an impression as you do in person.

keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment